when you wake up early in the morning and sit on the edge of your bed like
Important, always-relevant comic done by the wonderful Ursa Eyer.
This is a video of a parade in Paris on the Eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day. Approximately 17,000 people participated. In this video the protestors first sing anti-semitic comedian Dieudonne’s Holocaust mocking song “Shoah Nanas” which translates as Holocaust Pineapples, where he blames Jewish people for his government fines for hate speech and mocks the Holocaust as a means for Jews to profit. Afterwords they chant “Juif, la France n’est pas a toi” which means “Jew, France is not for you.”
Reblog the hell out of this. I’ve seen it before, but it never gets many notes. People are dismissing anti-semitism in France and it is killing me.
Why am I not seeing this pass my dash every day like I do so many other causes? Why doesn’t this seem to merit even a casual reblog? Can you honestly watch this and not feel something turn cold in your soul?
Signal boosting this again. This is from January 2014. This has nothing to do with Protective Edge.
Some scary shit going on in Europe: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis
Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel
Speaking their lines vs the final product
Why is Vin Diesel looking down? Is he worried he’s gonna forget his line?
Vin Diesel asked the director his inspiration for every line he did and did multiple takes until he was satisfied. He also recorded the line over 1,000 times and also recorded his lines in Mandarin, Portuguese, French, and Spanish so they could use his real voice in those versions. He’s looking at his lines because Vin Diesel is a dedicated motherfucking professional.
He also walked on stilts while in the studio to get into character
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
Reid Wiseman is a national treasure.
opinions on abortions are kinda like nipples
everyone has them but women’s are a little bit more relevant
But all you ever see are men’s
Toothless is so cute here.
HIS NOSTRILS ARE PINK ON THE INSIDES
YOU CAN SEE THE EDGES OF HIS SCALES
HE’S STILL COVERED IN DIRT AND SOOT FROM THE FIGHT
DREAMWORKS WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME
how could you not want a toothless on your dash
can we talk about hiS EYES